Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Vale John McNally

Just learnt today, through John Wright, that my good mate John McNally passed away last Thursday. I just received an email from John's son Chris informing of this great loss to the Veteran Community. John was a very good friend of mine and was a fellow Vietnam Veteran and also, like me, a passionate gardener.
When John and his wife moved to "smaller accommodation" he was concerned about how he could adapt his gardening to fit, but he managed this no worries.
John was passionate about heirloom veges and was instrumental in supplying seeds of his favourite tomato - Oxhart - so that the pure strain could be continued. I was one of the lucky ones he approached to help him achieve this goal. I lost my plants in very bad weather and John was there shortly after with replacement seeds ready for next season.
John is now where he can grow his Oxharts and his other favourite veges all year round and have no fear of bad weather affecting his crops.
You will be missed mate but your presence on this earth will remain forever.
YOU SHALL NEVER GROW OLD
LEST WE FORGET.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. John was a good man. I met him a few times. Think I may have even helped him with some computer problems many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the thoughts mate. Appreciate that. Yes, you did help him when he was having a bad time with his computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thought are with his family and RIP John, You will be missed

    ReplyDelete