Sunday, February 27, 2011

Temporary Bachelorhood

It has been only 5 days now and it seems like 5 weeks since Kay went home to Kuala Lumpur. She has gone for a couple of months to celebrate Grandson Thierry's 1st birthday. It was no good going for just a couple of weeks and it will give her a chance to catch up again with family and friends. Thierry will be 1 on 9th March.
What a happy little boy he is!!!

I have got myself into a bit of a routine to keep myself occupied, as I don't go out much, only to the shops when necessary. And that's mainly on pension day when I go to get my baccy and maybe a few items that I need.
I am usually up before 0600 and put the kettle on and wander out to the front to get the paper. It is so nice early in the morning just sitting outside in the entertainment area sipping a cup of tea and reading the paper. And having too many smokes, of course. I love challenging crosswords and the Guardian cryptic crossword in the Courier Mail is always a mind bender. When I get hopelessly stuck I cheat a bit by looking at the answers online!!! 
One of my indulgences happens at around 1030, when I have my one for the day cup of Old Town Coffee. When Kay and I were in KL on holidays we always made a point of having coffee at the Old Town Coffee shop in Taipan. It would have to be the best coffee I have ever tasted. We were lucky enough to find a shop in Inalla who sold the packages of 3 in one Old Town Coffee. All you need to do is add water. Beautiful!!!!
When its fine, which is most of the time, I do my little bit of gardening from about 0730 to 0815 or so, before it gets too hot. Then I am satisfied that I have done my necessary exercise for the day????
Catching up on other news online is also important to me and I read the Examiner, the Launceston paper, to find out what is happening in the old home town. Announcements always draw me and I often get very sad when I read in the obituaries that someone I knew has passed away, but then I tell myself that none of us are immortal.
If the day is too hot or too wet, I will watch the TV shows I have taped. I find it hard to sit for periods of time to watch a show on TV, so I tape them so that I can pause them when I have to get up and move.Other than that, I play a game or two on the computer and test my skills of problem solving and finding hidden objects. But .... I also have a list of jobs I need to do. I'll do one job per day or so. Its no use doing everything in one day or there won't be anything to do tomorrow!!!!
My other indulgence is partaking of 2 squares of Fruit and Nut chocolate every couple of days. I don't take sugar in my tea, of which I may consume several cups a day, and only get the sugar from Old Town and my chocolate treat. By giving up sugar like I have, and watching my diet, I have kept my weight down to 60 kg for a couple of years now. Although I must admit, it has crept up a little on occasion.
There are only 62 days to go until Kay gets home, but who's counting???????????

2 comments:

  1. I have tried to complete a week of the New York Times puzzle for years and years. I've never come close to finishing the Sunday policy.

    0600 is too damned early for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your temporary bachelorhood Poppy! I usually go to the movies (not possible when Thierry is around) when Witta is off to her mums.

    ReplyDelete