Monday, March 5, 2012

The Peanut Vendor - After the Rain

The peanuts have been hanging around on the trellis for 3 or 4 days now, and always I intended to bring them in and strip them today.
BUT ...... unfortunately there was quite a heavy downpour of rain last night (29 ml) and they sort of got a little wet. They are still OK and now that I have stripped them, they should dry out beautifully and the dirt on them should come off easily.
This was a very good crop as you can see below.






There should be enough there to keep us going until the next crop.
Which, of course, I've already earmarked some peanuts for sowing in the next couple of weeks.

I was really quite surprised that there were so many from a plot about 9 ft X 2 ft. I just pushed them into the dirt and left them.
Very resilient and industrial little buggers aren't they??

No comments:

Post a Comment