Thursday, March 8, 2012

An Improvement ????

I think that Kay was definitely right when she said that I should remove the Bar-B-Q pit thingy. It was sort of large and the top was beginning to get a bit heavy to remove as I get on in years. So now it has given us more space to grow herbs.
And it has also given me a heap of timber that can be used for a lot of other small jobs!!



As you can now see, there is a lot of space.
So far we have basil and long chillies on the left with penny wort and kang kong near the fence. Closer to the front are Vietnamese mint and pandan.
I dropped a couple of cement slabs down to use as stepping stones. They were just left and buried by the builders I suppose as I dug them up when I did the initial digging of the plot. Lazy bastards!!!
With the timber I salvaged from the Bar-B-Q, I built the pot plant stand against the wall and there are a couple of turmeric plants (in flower now), couple of pandan and some indoor plants we are cultivating to eventually be put into hanging baskets.
All the plants seem to like the area, especially the pandan and mint as they don't like too much sun. Here they get the early morning sun, which is clear of the area by mid morning, and are protected from the wind. An ideal situation for them.
Time will tell if I am right as they grow (or die) and everything is easily accessible for Kay's delicious cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment