Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cocka-Bloody-Toos

I enjoy watching and listening to the birds that flock around our house each morning. From the tiny wrens to Willie Wagtails to parrots of every imaginable colour to the noisy Indian minas. And of course the handsome cockatoos.
There has been one cockatoo in particular that has been hanging around for a week or two. He (or she) sits on the fence or in a tree and carries on a conversation with no one in particular. I have enjoyed immensely the bravado of this bird as nothing seemed to annoy it except me trying to get close to it.
That was until this morning ..............
I was reading the paper and the cockatoo, as usual, perched on the fence and began to sidle along, getting closer to me in the covered entertainment area. It reached the passionfruit vines and hopped onto the covering foliage and then, without any delay, ducked its head into the foliage and came back up with a very ripe passionfruit in its beak!!!!!
So much for my envisaged friendship with this bird!!!!
It is nothing but an opportunistic THIEF!!!!

2 comments:

  1. He sure did mate!!! He now stays well clear of me after I told him what I thought of him!!! (In no uncertain terms).Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete