Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Penny Has Finally Dropped

I don't know whether I am slow, doddery, in the throes of Alzheimer's or just plain thick, but for ages I  have enjoyed having a smoke in the outside entertainment area where I often get ideas for a blog. This is where the problem started.
I would consider at length a subject for a blog and then, when it was time to go inside and write it, I had forgotten what I was going to write about!!! Frustration and feelings of inadequacy to say the least.
So, last night I had this great idea for a blog and went inside and promptly forgot what I had decided on!! Then it all came to me like a great flash of light from the great beyond ........
Why not use my mini laptop outside to write as I think of it?? I told Kay and she said that it was a great idea and asked why I hadn't thought of it before!!! Very sensible woman, my wife. My laptop has been in retirement for quite a while. I had even removed the battery to save any damage as I didn't think I would be using it too much, if at all, for some time.
So now the laptop has been reinstated as a working tool and I can write to my heart's content in the open, fresh air and enjoy my smokes as well???
Talking of smoking, my doctor often has a shot at me for smoking. Mainly because I now smoke roll-your-own smokes and they create an awful yellow nicotine stain on your fingers and he used to point that out. So I have invested in a cigarette holder and have cut out the staining for good. I can now smoke with the holder clenched between my teeth and type TWO HANDED!!!! Miracle of miracles.
I think that maybe I could be mistaken for one of those great authors like Hemingway sitting in his own little bit of Paradise writing with his own cigarette holder clenched in his teeth and thinking of those millions he would receive from sales of his book. But, woe and alas, I don't really have the imagination to write a best seller, although I have dabbled in writing a novel.
I have written the basis of several chapters of a book of fiction loosely based on my escapades when I was in the Navy, but I'm sort of stuck as I have vague memories of actions and escapades but nothing really concrete enough to put on paper. One day they may all come back to me and I can write some more. Maybe having the laptop outside could be the inspiration I need.
One thing I do regret with this small laptop is that it isn't big enough to install my music writing programme. If I could put it on here I could also finish writing my march.
Well I think that's enough rambling for my first outdoor blog.  I think that maybe I will become a bit more "prolific" in the future now that I can write my thoughts down before I forget them!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I like that bit ::Very sensible woman, my wife:: hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very sensible my darling. Remember that behind every successful man is a sensible woman, otherwise, how could we men stay on the straight and narrow???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehhhe how could we men do that without women :) miss you both of you.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot on mate!!! We definitely need women or we would all be homosexuals!!!!!

    ReplyDelete