Wednesday, May 18, 2011

GM Gone Wrong????

I read with awe in the paper this morning, an article tucked away on a side column just titled "Melons go bust".
On further reading I had a bit of a giggle to myself and I was quite pleased by what I read. Genetic Modification in fruit and vegetables has finally gone wrong.
I have the wording of the article set out below. Please feel free to have a giggle with me, or even a huge guffaw if you so wish.

Melons go bust
BEIJING: The overuse of a chemical that helps fruit grow faster is causing a rash of exploding watermelons in eastern China. An investigative report by China Central Television found farms in Jiangsu province were losing hectares of fruit to the problem. It said farmers sprayed too much growth promoter, hoping they could get fruit to the market ahead of season.

So there you go. GM isn't always the miracle it is so often reported to be!!!!!

PS...... Continue guffawing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 comment: