Friday, March 25, 2011

5 Weeks to go!!!

Kay is half-way through her family visit to Malaysia with just a few days over 5 weeks to go. From the messages I have had from her, she is enjoying the time catching up. I am very disappointed that I couldn't go, but I don't think my crook leg would stand 8 hours on a plane each way.
I have been keeping myself pretty busy doing those little odd jobs around the place. After having breakfast and reading the paper I usually do the gardening that needs to be done by 0800 or 0830, as it gets a bit hot after that. I cut the lawns this morning and couldn't start until about 0815 as there was quite a heavy dew overnight. The back lawn is quite flat and easy to mow, but the front is 70% mountain!!!!


 Even though I cut across, and not up and down, it still takes a lot out of my leg. Guess I'll not be doing much for the rest of the day, but I did manage to sow some vegetable seeds in seed trays before my leg tightened up. So at least that's something I suppose.

As I said, I have been keeping busy, maybe doing too much each day and defeating my aim that - "If you do too much today, there is nothing left to do tomorrow" - as I am running out of things to do. It is so bad that I actually cleaned all the windows in the house. The inside was easy but so far I have only hosed down the outside ones and they haven't come up too well. The security screens make it hard to clean them and I don't want to take them off if I can help it. I'll try a couple of ideas I have and see how they work.
Everything is growing well in the garden and hopefully I should have ripe tomatoes in a week or so. I have dried 2 1/2 jars of chillies - sun dried of course - and there are lots more coming on to be picked over the next few weeks.
The passionfruit looks like its going mad with new flower buds everywhere. Hope they produce fruit, as the last couple of flowers just withered and dropped off. I think that they just were not ready to complete their task. The couple of fruit already on the vine are ripening up nicely and I am waiting for them to fall so I can try them for taste!!!
But I will keep pottering about to keep myself occupied and amused and try to blog more regularly over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Frustrating, isn't it? Having an injury that hampers you in performing as you have, as you wish, aggravating as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not wrong mate. I get so frustrated when things like this happen, but have to grin and bear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the chilli Mummy brought down Poppy... flaming :)

    ReplyDelete